Mottram Hall Golf Club
The championship golf course at Mottram Hall was designed by renowned course architect, Dave Thomas, who also designed the Brabazon course at The Belfry. With its manicured fairways, strategically placed bunkers and guarded greens, the course offers an exciting challenge to golfers of all abilities. It’s a fitting venue for this year’s LEEA Golf Day.
Signature holes are both long Par 4s with plenty of obstacles to avoid. The 13th, stroke index 1, is a giant of a hole that requires long accurate hitting up an ever-rising fairway and even the slightest error can lead to a double-bogey. The 17th is arguably one of the best and most picturesque doglegs in the North West where only a long accurate drive from an elevated tee allows an approach to a tricky two-tier green. With water on the right, thick rough on the left and a stream cutting through the fairway, care must be taken with every shot.
Course Stats and Facilities
- Championship 7,006 yard, 18-hole, Par 72 Championship golf course, set in 270 acres of Cheshire’s finest parkland
- Covered driving range bays, putting green & short game practice area
- Pro Shop (10% off all purchases for all attending the LEEA Golf Day)
- Buggies for hire (you will be asked during Registration whether you would like a buggy. These are available to book for an additional fee of £35 and will be on a first come, first served basis).
- Full handicap is to be used for the stableford competition
- Maximum allowed handicap is 28 for men and 36 for ladies
- Strokes are to be taken at holes according to stroke index
- Competition to be played in 3 or 4 balls (members can request partners, otherwise the organisers will arrange playing partners)
- A member of LEEA can only win one of the major awards, with the Bill Parkinson Trophy taking precedence
- In the event of a tie, the back nine, then the back six and the the back three scores will decide the winner. If, in the unlikely event, there is still no winner, there will then be a coin toss.
The Bill Parkinson Trophy – presented to the best stableford score by a LEEA member
The Derek Brant Memorial Prize – presented to the best gross score by a LEEA member
The Tiger Lifting Trophy – presented to the best stableford score by a guest
The Andy Holden Memorial Trophy – presented to the best gross score by a guest
The President’s Putter Award – given to the best score in the putting competition prior to the round